342nd MP Company -- Guardians of the Troops!

As some of you may know, my nephew Jimmy is serving as an MP in Iraq. I've been thinking of him a lot the past few days and was so excited to see that he has added some pictures to his myspace page of him and his buddies. Jimmy has been in Iraq since just a few weeks before Christmas. He will get to come home I believe in Nov. His wife Missi is in Ohio with their little girl Kendra. Kendra is just a little over a year old and carries her "daddy" bear all over the house.

The main reason for this posting is that I just wanted to say how much I appreciate what our soldiers do for us everyday. It really bugs me when I hear or read something that says that these young men and women are stupid or uneducated and that they don't care about the people they are trying to protect. Most of them have hope for our world and believe that they can be of some small service in making it a better place. Some people may not agree with every reason why our soldiers are deployed but they need our support regardless. It is because they are willing to be soldiers that give us the rights to have our freedoms and the ability to express them. Yes, I know that the revolutionary war brought forth our actual freedom but it is our modern day soldiers that continue to protect and defend that freedom. My family prays every day that our soldiers, especially our little MP squadron, are kept safe from any harm and that they will be brought home safely to their families. My family has a long line of soldiers that I am so very proud of. There are ones that were spies during the revolutionary war, those that fought on both sides of the civil war, my cousin Raymond that fought in Vietnam, my Uncle Gus who was an engineer in WWII, my brother Kevin who was in Desert Storm and now my nephew Jimmy. These men may not be hero's in the worlds eye, but to me they always will be heros!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvbzp1ybl88

This YouTube is of Jimmy's CO before they left for Iraq. If you look hard enough, you'll find him. He is about 6'2" redhead w/the last name of Billingsley. He is a pretty funny guy. I think at the end he is even caught doing a little dance. I laughed pretty good. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sooo......

Pres Monson :)

My lil' Seth....not so little