Pres Monson :)

I just have to say, I thank Thee O God for a Prophet!!! For years I have sat back in silent admiration for our dear, loving prophet. I have been inspired and humbled by many of his wonderful teachings. I know that I'm not really supposed to share many of my work experiences but I couldn't help share a wonderful, humorous side of our prophet.

Monday night I took a call from Pres Monson, he was looking for one of his secretaries who happened to not be available. He said that he would try again later and that maybe he would take a drive. He joked and even mentioned taking a walk on the boardwalk. I don't know how it happened but all of a sudden he and I were talking about Monopoly and he was quizzing me on the different names on the Monopoly board. I have to admit I must be a lousy Monopoly player, I could only remember a few of the properties. I even cheated a little and tried to google the Monopoly board for help. Pres Monson just laughed and said he's played longer than I have. He knew every property. It was the best 10 minutes I have had in a very long time. I love our Prophet and I love his laughter! I also love that he took just a few minutes out of his busy schedule to joke with me and make me laugh.

Comments

keri said…
That is awesome, Kim! How lucky you have a job where you get to associate with such a wonderful man.
B-rizzle said…
"Pres Monson just laughed and said he's played longer than I have. He knew every property."

Monson has a photographic memory, just so ya know.
bevanmission said…
Thanks for sharing this simple, sweet, endearing story about our Prophet! How we love him!
Holly Neal said…
How awesome is that!!!
Chas Hathaway said…
That's so great! I love President Monson.

I number of years ago, while living in Magna, Utah, I was in the ward of one of President Hinckley's bodyguards (his name was Dave).

He said one day while flying to the SL airport, President Hinckley turned to him and said, "Put your hand on your heart, Dave, we're flying over Magna!"

Popular posts from this blog

Sooo......

My lil' Seth....not so little