Service Project Update

This is info I received from Bree Strong. Her mom visited our troop and discussed what her organization, Healing Hands for Haiti, does for the people of Haiti. She talked to the girls about the recent earthquake and what the people must be going through. Our troop collected items to make hygiene kits for her to take to Haiti last week. Here is update regarding the trip.

Dear Friends-

First of all I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the donations for Haiti we received!!! We received enough donations to make 140 hygiene kits (put together with love by Birkley & Peyton's girl scout troup & our neighborhood boy scouts) and a TON of clothing & blankets. We packed up all the hygiene kits and as much of the clothes as we thought they would take and delivered them to the pick up location Tuesday night. There was a TON of stuff.

I am amazed at the humble & giving people I am friends with and I am grateful for all of your willingness to jump at the chance to help someone else. You are each truly wonderful people! THANK YOU!

After all that, my mom didn't end up going! :) Apparently, things were a little disorganized and the plans of the group changed, which made it so my mom was not going to be able to accomplish the things she was planning on for Healing Hands for Haiti's compound. So, in an effort to be helpful, not harmful, she gave up her seat to a medical volunteer. I know it was hard for her not to go, but I know that with the changes that were being made, it didn't make a lot of sense for her to go anymore and she feels good about it.

I'm pretty sure our stuff got on the plane for Haiti...no one has called me to come and pick it up! :)

The leftover clothing & blankets you all donated will be shipped separately to Haiti with Healing Hands in the next few months.

Again, thank you for stepping up and showing me what it truly means to serve! THANK YOU!

Bree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sooo......

Pres Monson :)

My lil' Seth....not so little