Time for some good news :)

I can't believe October is here!! It feels like an eternity has passed. Most if not all of our family and friends are aware that I lost my step-dad, Papa Chuck, on Sept 12th. He fought a very hard fight but due to the complications that arose caused by his injuries, his body grew very weary and he would not survive without life-support. We as a family agreed to remove the life-support and let him return to our Heavenly Father. My family here in Utah was able to travel back to Ohio to attend the funeral. 2 days before I left, my Grandma Arnett and step-mom Margaret were going into their home and fell on the steps leading up onto the porch. Grandma sustained 4 fractured vertebrae and Mom sustained a fractured wrist. When the hospital did the MRI to see the condition of the fractures on Grandma they found that she had cancer in the spine and it was developing rapidly. Chemo would not be beneficial for her so everyone involved agreed to just make her as comfortable as possible. 2 days prior to the fall, they feel that she had a stroke which may have caused her to be unbalanced at the time she was trying to get into the house. While in the hospital she had another stroke and was declining further. By the time I had returned to Ohio on Sept 16th, they did not expect Grandma to make it through the weekend. She actually passed away at 5:45am the morning of Papa Chucks funeral, Sept 18th. Talk about a double whammy! The best thing that I loved and will remember about Grandma is her smile and always making you feel good. She was also very blunt and told you exactly what she thought of a situation.
I titled this blog as "good news" because even with all of the tragedy our family has sustained, I feel blessed that in 6 more days my little Caleb will arrive. I am sad that he won't be able to know my Dad or my Papa Chuck but am grateful for the knowledge that he has been able to be with them both for the past month. Makes me wonder what secrets they have shared with him. lol. More good news comes in the form of my nieces and nephews. I am going to be a "great" auntie beginning in April. My nephew Sam's fiance,Sarah, is due on April 15th, my niece Jeweli on April 14th and then on Tina's side of the family my niece Mindy is due on April 19th. I love spring :) I have also just found out tonight that my nephew Jimmy and his wife Missi may be expecting their second baby in June.
I just had a "Lion King" moment and thought of the song Circle of Life......

PS....My mom, Kate, is coming out to stay with us for Thanksgiving, Caleb's blessing and Christmas. I'm glad that she is coming and am looking forward to getting to spend some down time with her. I know that my kiddos are excited to see Grandma too:)

Comments

Em said…
so excited for your little one to arrive!!!
keri said…
Wow Kim. When it rains it pours. And at such a busy time for you.
You can bet that your little one is spending time with your loved ones. What a neat thought!
He's coming soon!! I'm so excited for you!! I'd really love to bring you dinner when it happens, so make sure that we all know when it does!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sooo......

Pres Monson :)

My lil' Seth....not so little