All about my Dad :)






So today's blog is all about my daddy. It's hard to believe that it has now been two years since he left us. It still feels like yesterday I was packing to make the long trip home to say my good-byes. I think the best part of my remember "what was I doing at this time two years ago" was talking to him on the phone the day before his heart attack. My little sis had just flown in from Ohio and we were checking in with him to let him know that she had arrived. The last thing we said on the phone was "I love you Papa" and "I love you too kiddo". I miss those phone calls a ton but thinking of them make me smile whenever I start to miss him. He always had a way of making me smile or think of the up side even when I knew he might be having a bad day.

Some of the things that helped me get through his funeral and the weeks that slowly passed was thinking of some of the funny things we did growing up. Dad nicknaming me "skunk", buying me a 5lb box of Twizzlers - just because he knew I loved them, teaching me how to drive a tractor, me asking him where we were going and him answering "crazy", me then asking him if I can drive him and him saying that I already was. Him trying to build Zoe and Emma's bedroom. Jack-hammering my bathroom floor and leaving a big hole because his drill broke. Teaching me how to put a worm on my own hooks and then getting to use "his" fishing pole. Getting to buy my own fishing pole. Dad making Zoe and Emma laugh whenever he came to visit. I love his chuckle :)

Comments

Em said…
can't believe how much you and your family look alike! i guess i'm one to talk, seeing as i look JUST like my mom, even like she did when she way young;-)
keri said…
Sounds like your dad was a pretty great guy Kim. It's hard losing someone, but at least we are left with all our great memories. And it makes it easier also knowing that we will be with them again.

Popular posts from this blog

Sooo......

Pres Monson :)

My lil' Seth....not so little