Draper Temple Open House


Today we went as a BIG family to the Draper Temple Open House. Del's parents, Cheryl, Steve and my sis Liz and their families all went, 22 people. Since Mom and Dad were able to park closer to the temple we were actually seperated. Steve, Julie, Emma, Mom & Dad were able to go through a little faster than we did. We had to be bused over to the temple and didn't arrive until about 7pm. When we did get there it was dark so I was unable to take pictures. I've found a few on the news webpages to share.

The Celestial Room...Isn't the ceiling beautiful???



The Baptismal Font


My favorite room, the Garden Room. It made me feel like I was actually in the mural. I loved that there were so many animals to be found in the paintings....Elk, mountain goats, a cougar. Amazing and all handpainted.


The temple was so beautiful. What a huge blessing to live where there are so many and to especially be able to take part in an Open House. The last open house I went to was for the Mt Timpanogos Temple. I had barely (within a week) moved here from Ohio and was still a bit down about my divorce I was about to finalize. As I walked through the halls with my sister, I was comforted and reassured that I had made the right decision. Who knew that 12 years later I would be walking through the halls of a brand new temple with my wonderful family. I loved being able to tell Zoe about some of the things I remembered from when my family was sealed in the Salt Lake Temple when I was 9. I really hope that she is able to remember the feelings that she had today. She mentioned as we were getting ready to enter the Garden Room that she felt like my nephew Jake was holding her hand. I LOVE the Temple!! Josh and Adam also seemed to really enjoy being there and just taking everything in. They loved the Celestial room and the sealing room.

If any of you have a chance to go before the dedication, please do and take your kids. You won't regret it :)

Comments

GraficWorld said…
Hello very nice your blog, if you like the scrapbooking you can visit the blog dedicated to scrap full of free resources!
A greeting and good day!
Heather said…
That's gorgeous! I can't wait to go see it in person when we get back. Hooray for beautiful temples and the spirit that is always in them.

Popular posts from this blog

Sooo......

Pres Monson :)

My lil' Seth....not so little